Information for Patients

APPOINTMENTS
When calling our office for an appointment, please give our staff as much information as possible about the purpose of your visit. Please be sure to bring a copy of all insurance cards, a list of medications you are currently taking, as well as a list of any questions you may have for your physician. New patients are requested to bring old records of previous testing, ECGs, and hospitalizations, if available, to their initial visit.

INSURANCE
We accept Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance, PPOs and a limited number of HMOs. Please check with your insurance to verify our participation prior to your appointment. Health Care District and HMO patients, please be advised that it is the patient’s responsibility to obtain any necessary referrals or authorization for all visits prior to your appointment. Your insurance company prevents us from rendering care without proper authorization.

PLEASE BE SURE TO BRING YOUR INSURANCE CARD ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT FOR VERIFICATION PURPOSES.

STATEMENTS
Our office generates statements monthly. Please be aware that these statements are sent for individual dates of service for all insurances that have paid or denied. If you have any questions regarding your balance, please contact your insurance carrier or our billing office.

FINANCIAL POLICY
Florida Cardiology Group, P.A. accepts Medicare assignment of benefits. Medicare will pay 80% of allowable charges after your annual $100.00 deductible is met. As a courtesy, we will submit the remaining 20% to your secondary insurance for payment. However, if you do not carry a secondary insurance, the remaining 20% from Medicare is your responsibility and is due at the time of your visit.
Please check with your insurance to verify our participation. Fee information will be provided upon request. For your convenience, we accept cash and personal checks. We also accept Visa or Master Card for charges over $100.00.

PRESCRIPTIONS AND RENEWALS
Most prescriptions may be refilled by contacting your pharmacist. However, should the need arise for renewal of your prescription; your pharmacist will contact us for refill authorization.

CANCELLATION POLICY
In order to provide equally special care to each of our patients, and as a courtesy to our doctors and staff, we ask that you call our office at least 24 hours in advance if you need to cancel or postpone your appointment.
A minimum period of 24 hours is required for cancellation of nuclear stress tests. Patients who fail to comply with this requirement will be held responsible for costs associated with procurement of the radio-isotope.